On the evening of March 4th, 2007, I was was chosen as the 2007 North American Rolex Scholar of the Our World-Underwater Scholarship Society. This scholarship will enable me to travel and go SCUBA diving for a year around the country and world to meet and work with the top people in underwater science, photography, dive medicine, archeology, and more. I will also be able to complete at least my dive master and instructor courses. This is the start of what will be a year full of adventure, learning, travel, and hard work - all underwater!
I am extremely excited by this opportunity. While I am encouraged to be diverse in my chosen activities, I will try to focus on marine conservation initiatives through marine reserves, national parks, eco-toursim, volunteering, pubic participation, and education. I am hoping these experiences will direct my future as a graduate student and in my career.
This past month has been busy! I continued to work at the New England Aquarium, Boston, and at the Seacoast Science Center, NH, as well as going on a wonderful vacation to Paris and Geneva! I have also been preparing myself for the upcoming year. It all starts in only a few days with a weekend spent in NYC meeting everyone in the scholarship society, past scholars, and my to-be support system for the entire year. Oh, I should also mention going to a Rolex watch fitting for my new Rolex submariner!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment