I leave this Wednesday for DC so that I will be ready to fly to London and Egypt this coming weekend to begin my first real adventure of my scholarship year. I put on hold some of my scholarship duties this past week in order to pack and prepare to move out of my NH home.
While I am excited for this upcoming year I leave behind many wonderful things.
I have had many adventures in my life. I find that I am a good traveler, confident on my own, and ready for more. Yet with every travel I feel a pull towards what is comforting and what I love, whether it is a place or a person. I remember in high school when I would travel to the Dominican Republic, Spain, and then Cornell, I felt this pull then, too. I convinced myself that these travels were good for me - not just in their amazing opportunities to see and become close to the world, but to become more confident as a person. This certainly has happened.
I leave with invisible strings pulling me in every direction. Which strings do I trust and which strings to I cut? Some strings can be pulled and stretched and hopefully they will survive and can be rewound.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment