Hi again! I found internet once more. I'm still in Cairns staying one more night before heading to Townsville tomorrow morning. I'm traveling with Steve Lindfield who was on my liveaboard boat and whom I met in Sydney (he's applying for the aussie scholarship this year). We're hoping to dive the famous Yongala wreck out of townsville. It's a bit of an akward time to be here as christmas is coming up and people are traveling. But I"m not too worried as there are many museums and an aquarium to check out in Townsville. I'm also extremely tired from running around for the past few weeks and I'm trying to catch up on my sleep.
It's pretty hot and humid here. Steve and I went for a rainforest walk today but didn't even make it halfway when we decided to turn around. It's amazing that it's December and it's so hot. Yesterday we walked around the main Carins Mall (for the airconditioning) and there were kids having pictures taken with Santa in a complete Santa getup. I felt bad for the man underneath all that fake beard and Santa clothes.
I am definitly looking forward to being back home, a bit of cooler weather, and a bit of rest. I remember at the beginning of my year Anya Watson told me that I would need to take breaks every now and then - I said "ha! you've got to be kidding me, this is my one and only year on the scholarship! there's no time to rest!" Well, Anya, if you are reading this - you're right. I'm exhausted! But lucky for me there is plenty to do while I catch up on my sleep so I don't have to feel too bad about taking time off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment