Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Chapter II

According to my blog I have been in the Bahamas for quite some time now. As all you readers know, this certainly isn't the case. I'm sorry to have lagged behind on my blogging but life gets in the way and suddenly you remember you are, indeed, not in the Bahamas anymore.

I have thought about keeping up on this blog for a while now and even a few of you have continued to ask about it. I've never been a huge fan of blogs that lay out the minute day to day details of ones life. One, because I think most of our details are quite personal and to be honest quite boring (no one really needs to know what I had for breakfast this morning... cereal with banana and blueberries, thank you) and two, it is sometimes hard to know how much to share with others. A blog is like a diary but I have never managed to keep a diary for more than a few weeks. A new years resolution for 2008 turned out to be two entries in a notebook of which when I look back on, I think, "how stupid, I have nothing meaningful to say."

So, readers, I offer you a compromise. I promise nothing in the way of the regularity of updates that I made during my scholarship year. I also promise to not divulge too many of my daily secrets - if you want gossip, go ahead an call me, you know my number, and I'd be happy to hear from you.

I would like to continue to use this blog as a way of updating friends and family, putting up pictures, and putting out life musings (comments always appreciated). I am also curious to see who is the first to notice that I finally put a blog posting up!

For the first blog posting, a very quick update:
I am in Monterey, CA, back to interning (now being paid) at the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary, and soon to move to Santa Cruz where I'll be starting a PhD at UCSC.

That is all :)

No comments: