I'm completely exhausted! Apparently jet lag has hit hard this time. It has been 5 nights since I've been back from London and I'm just now starting to feel on the right schedule. I'm thinking it's not just jet lag but also a full month of intense traveling. I guess I'd better get used to this if I'm going to make it this or maintain my sanity.
But here I am. I made it back to the States safe and sound. After less than 12 hours at home I drove up to NJ, stayed the night (thanks Aunt Bub and Bill!!!), and drove up to the Northeastern Marine Lab to meet with Assistant Prof. Steve Vollmer who I will be going to Panama with to help out on some coral disease studies. Finally I made it back up to NH only to get out of my car and literally into another without even stepping foot into my old apartment. I was whisked off to a wonderful dinner with old friends and new. We made it to the wonderful Portsmouth fireworks and I promptly passed out when my head hit the pillow.
Non-stop it is - as the next day found Aaron and I going back down to Boston to catch the Transformers movie and a huge BBQ with awesome Boston folk. Sadly I was too exhausted to make it out to the Boston fireworks. Again the next morning Aaron and I drove down to Woods Hole, MA to catch an early ferry to meet up with 2005 NA Scholar Anya Watson and kick ass Watson family so that I could finish my divemaster course and Aaron could finally get his open water certification.
So it's fun but exhausting. I'm glad to be here on MV and even more glad for a few chances to sleep in.
Pictures to come soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment