Well it turns out my ears have had enough of the changing pressures of diving and flying. My previous ear infection didn't seem to be clearing up after a full course of antibiotics. Thinking I'd be okay, I went on two dives with Dan yesterday to check out his study sites. The dives were nice and my first real dives in my dry suit. Everything went well except that my ears started hurting again. So I headed to the doctor's today and was switched to a new antibiotic. My liver is going to love me. And now I can truly raise my hand and join in increasing antibiotic resistance around the world. It's a wonderful feeling. But hopefully an even more wonderful feeling will come about when my ears stop hurting and the congestion goes down. Hopefully that means I'm only out for a few days but it's hard because I did come up to Alaska to go diving specifically. At least I can say that I have dived in Alaskan waters. I just hope the two dives were not my last here.
But it's time to stay dry, at least for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment