Monday, March 3, 2008

Immersed

Two successful days of live presentations on the RV Fulmar! Five shows a day - three of them underwater and two topside. Each morning has started very early and we're off the dock at 6am to get ready for the 8am start. The water is great, not too cold, and okay visibility. Check out the live presentations at 8, 9, 10, and 11 (WST) at www.immersionpresents.org
I've been having a great time on the boat. Everyone is super friendly and excited and it's neat to see the production involved in live presentations. I'm enjoying the dives as well. These are my first ocean dives in Monterey and I've had some time to explore and look for neat invertebrates. Right now I am mostly filming behind the scenes and helping with the many cords and tethers for the camera systems. Later on I'll be a scientist in the water. Today, though, I got to be featured for a few minutes along with Paul and Mark, other videographers. Mark is the main camera guy who is filming Steve, the lead scientist, and Paul is like me - we're filming the behind the scenes views.
But today Paul, Mark, and I got to show off our cameras to tell the students about how we take electronics underwater. Quinn was great to have some screen shots and although they are quite blury, i'm happy to have them!

Getting introduced


Showing off the LMI camera



Steve and I

No comments: