Saturday, June 9, 2007

Just came back from two fantastic dives at Ras Mohammad National Park. The site is called Shark Reef and Yolanda. Yolanda is a 1980 something wreck whose cargo was bathroom fixtures including many toilets, sinks, and tubs. It's quite hilarious to see all the many toilets strewn across the ocean floor some 50feet below surface. The wreck itself has moved offshore and sunk down to quite a depth. Today we saw moray eels, crocodile fish, huge schools of barracudas and batfish.

Really enjoying diving here. Wish I could stay much longer. I know this year is supposed to be about travel and immersion into a wide variety of environments, people, skills, careers, countries, everything. But it will be hard to say good bye to the most beautiful diving I have ever done.

Tomorrow we go out on a private boat. If we go back to Yolanda I promise a picture of an underwater toilet!

Until then, time to enjoy the sun (with sunscreen, mind you). I get wireless internet outside my room with a nice little porch.
Me outside my room. Quick access to shade, a pool, and wireless internet

No comments: