Friday, June 29, 2007

A quick tour of England

June 25th (red line) - after getting in at 2am to St. Albans and letting myself into Igor's apartment (thanks, Igor and Cat!), I was in only a few hours on a train heading to Falmouth on the western tip of England. There I met up with Jim Standing, EU coordinator and owner of kick-ass Fourth Element. I stayed two nights with Jim and Leo, his also kick-ass girlfriend. They fed me and helped me do my much needed laundry. On the 26th I made my way to Truro to visit the city I lived in for a year. Not only did I see my old flat, but I also saw my old elementary school and ran into many people who remembered me as a 9 year old.

June 27th (green line) - Spent the morning at the Fourth Element headquaters (in the middle of a beautiful no where). I was able to put my muscles to use helping sort out boxes of new rebreather t-shirts and making sure the shipment got on its way. I was also laden down with kick-ass Fourth Element gear (everything about them is kick ass).

Jim was wonderful enough to drop me off near Bristol on his way for a holiday. I was to stay with 2002 EU scholar Richard Somerset who know works for PADI international. I was literally passed from Jim's car to Rich's car in the parking lot of a grocery store. Very sketchy indeed. But I had a wonderful stay with Rich and his family (two adorable girls) and a great visit to PADI international where I was shown my past PADI records!
On the 18th I also played toursit and visited historic Bath and Stonehenge. The stones are still there.

Today, the 29th, brings you to the blue line. After spending the morning at PADI, having a brief coffee with UK dive celebrity Monty Halls (check him out online, UK's own Steve Irwin), I made my way to London where I write from now.

So it's been a brief whirl around southern England but certainly very enjoyable and informative. I'm here for two more nights and finally back to the States!

Cheerio,

No comments: