So, I spent the day with Rita and a group of high school girls to film them all in action. The removal took about 5 hours with a 45 min lunch break. It was a lovely day and the girls had a great time. It was fun to point out metridium anemones, crabs, and other algae. The footage I gained will all go towards a public service announcement as well as up on the national marine sanctuaries page hopefully in the near future.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
filming at the harbor
After spending the night in Santa Cruz, I made it to Monterey just in time to help out on some more filming. There is a long term project to remove the invasive algae, Undaria from the Monterey Harbor. Every month Undaria is removed by volunteers on the topside of the docks by volunteers as well underwater by divers. I met up with Rita Bunzel who runs these volunteer days at the Harbor Master's office. Paul, who had been coaxed into filming when I was in Seattle, ran off to do slightly more important Immersion Presents equipment things on NOAA dock.
So, I spent the day with Rita and a group of high school girls to film them all in action. The removal took about 5 hours with a 45 min lunch break. It was a lovely day and the girls had a great time. It was fun to point out metridium anemones, crabs, and other algae. The footage I gained will all go towards a public service announcement as well as up on the national marine sanctuaries page hopefully in the near future.

So, I spent the day with Rita and a group of high school girls to film them all in action. The removal took about 5 hours with a 45 min lunch break. It was a lovely day and the girls had a great time. It was fun to point out metridium anemones, crabs, and other algae. The footage I gained will all go towards a public service announcement as well as up on the national marine sanctuaries page hopefully in the near future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment