So far so good! I had a nice weekend although it was quite rainy. Today was absolutely beautiful. I can see why so many people like to come here and stay. It's gorgeous. The pacific is breathtaking and Monterey is a fun city.
I'm actually living in Carmel by the Sea which is south of Monterey. It's a cute tourist town full of bakeries and galleries and right on the water. I'm in a cute house on a temporary rent with another woman. She's great and we're getting along well. She has a cat. My room is perfect with plenty of room to put away my not so many clothes and I have a desk. I watched the sunset at the beach tonight and walked home.
Saturday I went to Santa Cruz for a Surfrider beach cleanup. check out the organization: www.surfrider.org I had a nice time and picked up a lot of trash. Four mile beach is much cleaner now! I also went up to Palo Alto and had dinner with Fortune! Fortune gave me a wonderful tour of Standford.
Today was my first day at work for the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary. I spent most of the day outside! I went with a sanctuary staff member and a volunteer. We walked three miles on a beach in Moss Landing to record deceased animal life. We mostly found birds but did find two sea lions. The purpose of these surveys are to create a baseline of population mortality. It was a lovely day out and I enjoyed talking with the other two, Jean and Bob.
Tomorrow I am formally introduced to the offices and I start setting up my desk!
In the meantime I am staying busy working on my many scholarship duties and thinking ahead for the next (and last) few months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment